Quote

"It is a safe thing to trust Him to fulfill the desires which he creates." ~Amy Carmichael

Friday, July 6, 2012

5-Week Rotating Menu

I finally made myself sit down and write out a rough draft 5-week menu rotation. I say rough draft because I will probably tweak it as I find new recipes we like. Partially because I'm bored with our normal and partially because I would prefer to reserve some of these easy meals as "fall back" for days that don't necessarily go as planned.

But I needed someplace to start - needed something to immediately curb the needless stress and annoyance that happens every time we're running low on food and I'm once again forced through the endless torture of meal planning...or worse, shopping without a plan :p

So here is my basic plan to get me started. Note I did not specify which day of the week each meal is for because I prefer to plan around the busier days in individual weeks. Nor did I add a lot of detail or specify sides, which leaves it open for variety (i.e. chicken enchiladas vs. beef). I also left one day open per week to try a new recipe in order to keep things interesting. If we particularly like something then we can add it to the rotation. Frankly, we won't likely have a leftovers night, since we usually eat leftovers for lunch...so if we happen to be home for dinner all seven days, then that would more realistically be titled "scrounge" night. But "leftovers" looked better in writing ;)

Let me know if you have any great meals that are not on here...maybe it will become our new favorite!


 
Mexican
Pasta
Crockpot
Veggies
Other
Something New
Leftovers
WEEK ONE:
Fajitas
Lasagna
BBQ Meatballs
Salad
BLT


WEEK TWO:
Burritos
Chicken Alfredo
Chili
Stir Fry
Chicken & Rice Casserole


WEEK THREE:
Enchiladas
Spaghetti
Italian Chicken (Pinterest)
Salad
Grilled Cheese w/soup


WEEK FOUR:
Tacos
Tuna/pasta salad
Cheesy Chicken & Rice (Pinterest)
 Stir Fry
Hamburgers


WEEK FIVE:
Taco Cornbread Muffins
Random Pasta
BBQ Chicken
Salad
Pizza




No comments:

Post a Comment