Quote

"It is a safe thing to trust Him to fulfill the desires which he creates." ~Amy Carmichael

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Still

There is just something about walking barefoot through a field...sitting atop a grassy hill...feeling the breeze on my face. There is something about it that makes it easier to be still. To notice the light clouds floating through the Summer blue sky. To watch the tall grasses wave along the fence line. To simply be still and know that He is God.

Of course, it didn't take very long before I just felt like a 7 month pregnant woman, sitting on the hard ground in the hot sun. I soon had to remove myself to the comfy couch in our otherwise empty living room (thankful again for air conditioning!). But, brief though they were, I needed those few moments alone with God.

Every day has been busy, containing constant challenges that remind me how overwhelming our current circumstances are. I am thankful for a healthy pregnancy thus far, but, even still, it has been hard on me and my limited energy adds to the overwhelming feeling when I look around me. So I needed to just be still and know that He is God. I needed the moments of reassurance that He is my strength. He is our Provider. He is our Rock. His grace is sufficient. His peace is real. And He is very present, amidst the turmoil and weariness of each day.

I needed to feel Him close to me again. And I am thankful, once more, for a God of kindness and love. A God who not only meets our physical needs, but fills our desires with Himself - simply because He loves us. And He is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment