Some of you have heard about the new venture we are stepping into, many of you have not. Whether you have heard a little, a lot, or nothing at all, here is a brief description/update of what God is doing in our lives right now...
We are planning to open a home for young women facing crisis pregnancies. We are working to provide a home-like environment where young women can be made whole through the salvation of Jesus Christ, regenerated through relationship, and given the tools to succeed as mothers, leaders, and daughters of God.
This will be a 6-12 month discipleship/mentorship program, in which the girls will receive counseling, tutoring, practical training for pregnancy and motherhood - and most importantly, opportunity for healing relationships with both God and people.
Where We Are Now:
Next Saturday, July 9th, Nathan and I will be moving into a large house in Dallas County (about 45 minutes North of where we currently live). Lord willing, we will be turning a large, empty house into a loving home where young women can find hope and healing.
- More than anything else, we covet your prayers for wisdom, guidance and strength. This endeavor is far beyond what we can accomplish in and of ourselves.
- Pray that we will be able to raise the funds necessary to accomplish the work at hand.
- Pray that God would surround us with skilled people who can assist us in doing what needs to be done. Especially with the initial start-up, we need wise counsel at every step.
- Pray that God would fill each need as it arises - finances, staff, volunteers, etc.
- Pray that we would have faith, grace and strength to continue each day, especially during the times when things look bleak or life is tough.
- If you live in the area, we need help making phone calls, compiling information, planning, fundraising, etc.
- We could also use some help moving next Saturday, as Nathan has a sprained wrist and I cannot lift things while pregnant; between the two of us, this should be interesting, eh?
On a side note: Moving our small apartment of belongings shouldn't take too long, and anyone who helps is welcome to stick around and make use of the in-ground pool at the new house! Hey, a little bribery never hurt anyone, right??
- If you do not live in the area and would like to help - have no fear, we can put you to work too! We are needing to get both a Facebook page and a website up and running pretty quickly here. Both will need to be maintained and updated on a regular basis. This could be done by someone(s) near or far!
I am working on a detailed list of needed items for the home. In the meantime, know that we are essentially starting from scratch in furnishing, equipping and decorating a 7 bedroom/6 bath 9,200 square foot home. So all donations of furniture, household goods, and maternity/baby items in *good* condition would be immensely appreciated!
Our ability to bring this vision to life will depend greatly on the financial support of those around us. We are looking for people to help us fund the initial start-up costs of the organization, as well as seeking monthly financial supporters as time goes on. Whether it is $5 or $5,000, every donation helps. Many hands make light the load!
More details and updates will be coming soon, but I wanted to at least make our friends and family aware of what's going on. We are just taking one day at a time right now; as long as God keeps opening the doors, we shall continue to walk through them. Thank you so much for your prayers and support!
And now I had better get back to packing if we're going to be ready to move in a week...